Breaking News

Why this boss is thinking of sporting a ponytail

Manuj Garg, co-founder, myUpchar, explains his lockdown look and reveals how he’s keeping himself in shape:Discipline is key“During the lockdown, I’ve been maintaining the same sleep, exercise and diet schedules that I used to in normal times. It’s easy to let these slip away from you when you’re working from home, but that discipline is necessary to stay healthy and productive.“I practise ashtanga yoga daily. It’s a complete regimen for the body and mind. In pre-lockdown times, I would go to the ‘yogashala’ to practise, but for the past few months, I've been doing this at home. This requires quite a bit of discipline, as the practice is done early morning, at about 6 am, and is widely considered the most rigorous form of yoga.”Hobby hour“I used to listen to podcasts or audiobooks while commuting to work, but since this doesn’t happen anymore, I’ve replaced it with reading. To maintain my mental equilibrium and well-being, I take time out to read or watch a movie with my family.” 78031093Meditation classes“I started regular meditation classes on social media channels with some senior Art of Living teachers. I practised with these teachers week after week, and I have made meditation a regular part of my daily routine. This has helped me deal with stress quite a bit. I would strongly recommend meditation to everybody.”Hairstyle hassles“Being well-groomed and well-dressed is as important as exercising and eating healthy. The one thing I haven’t managed to get is a haircut. So, I’m forced to sport a new look: Long hair. At this rate, I’m going to have a ponytail soon.“There’s a completely different feeling that comes with being dressed up for work, having a dedicated home office as far as possible, as against sitting around like a slob. And there’s no denying the value of the right mental make-up to get the job done.”77058773

from Economic Times https://bit.ly/35oiiVa
via IFTTT

No comments